Well the weekend is over and I didn't get to do any of the things that I wanted to do but I still had a great time. All of my projects can wait for me. Yesterday I picked up my Mom and she spent the night with me. We didn't do anything last night but we still had a good time. Today was a full day of sewing. Mom is still putting together strips for the project Linus quilts. She sewed me under the table. By this afternoon I had to take a nap and she kept on sewing. Then Jen came and joined us. I worked on a small wall hanging for Halloween and as soon as it's finished I'll take it's picture. I made quite a few yo yos today so that was good too. Then it was time to take the dogs to the pool. Our county pools closed today for the season at 5PM. What they do then is open up a couple of the pools so the dogs can swim. Then they get drained and cleaned getting ready for winter. So off Jen and I went with the dogs. We got there and joined all others with their dogs in a line. There was every sized dog in the group. Then the line got even longer and by the time they opened it for the dogs the line was so long. In we went and already dogs were swimming and running in the water. Now our two dogs are a little more cautious so they watched at first. Then we walked in the shallow water with them. Murphy was so busy looking around he would have been content to just watch what was going on. I tried to coax him into deeper water to swim but he wouldn't budge. Then Jen took his leash and he followed her into the deeper water and took off swimming. He looked so happy. Jen is going to post some pictues on her blog of the dogs. We got out of the pool and walked to the deeper end. They had these huge really cushy pads on the side of the pool and Murphy was standing on it and before I knew what happened he stepped right into the water. Down he went and he came up butt first. Then out popped his head and I've never seen a dogs eyes get so huge. Holly just watched him sink and then followed him in, another surprised dog. With a little help we pulled them both out of the pool. Lots of fun later it was time to go home. Mine is now sound asleep. There were hundreds of dogs and they were all so good. Running and swimming, chasing balls in the water. It was great to see them all have so much fun together. Well I guess that means it's the end of summer.
Cindy
-Cindy (Peony the House Elf)
COMMENTS
Monday, September 3, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. You are a good mommy to Murphy....and a great daughter....and a wonderful mother to Jen. You have a great week at work this week, and sleep tight tonight. Love, Michelle
Monday, September 3, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
That would have been so funny to watch the dogs swimming ,poor Murphy must have wondered what the heck was going on LOL .I bet they had a great time ,can't wait to see the pictures .Summer may be over but now we all get to settle down and spend long fall days quilting I don't think I could live where there was only one season ,there's just something new and exciting with the change .Not that I like winter driving .
Tuesday, September 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
That is such a nice thing that they do for the dogs. sounds like you enjoyed it as much as Murphy did...Glad to hear that you and your mom had such a great time sewing. Kristie
Tuesday, September 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
What fun for the dogs and for you! I can just visualize Murphy's butt coming up and then the huge eyes! We have a pool and a cocker. She's not a great swimmer. Matter of fact, we had to teach her how. How dumb is that? The last one we had jumped in with us occasionally, but this one doesn't. Rhoda
Tuesday, September 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I had a fantastic time. I just wish I knew if Holly did!!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MaureenQuilts
Peony you are such a good puppy mom...poor Emma is jealous. I did giver her some turkey which my parents sent home for her. Ohh she is one spoiled dog...just like two other I know. Glad you had a good time at the Doggie Dip. Maureen
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment