Sunday, September 9, 2007

Saturday's sewing

Today was the big sewing day at my Mom's apartment complex. We all had fun and there were several of us there. My Mom, Jen, Me, Maureen and my sister Kitty and her daughter Keri stopped in to watch. There were only a few ladies who stopped by to see what was going on and they were friendly. We shared the big community room with a group who comes in to play cards, they were friendly at all.

Alot got finished today. A couple of Project Linus quilt tops that my Mom did. I think her number is up to something like 10+. I finished another flannel raggy quilt for Project Linus. Kitty finished her baby quilt she's making and started to quilt it. Maureen worked on her mother in laws quilt and her and Jen worked on our BOM getting them put together. Since there was no real turn out I think next time we'll either sew here or at my sisters.

After we were finished Jen, Maureen and I grabbed a quick dinner and called it a day. Jen came over and brought Holly with her. We sewed quite a bit tonight. We made coasters, she worked on her BOM and has most of it put together and it's FANTASTIC and I finished my Halloween door hanging and made coasters. Then I started cleaning out my sewing drawers. I want to organize better and label the drawers so when I"m looking for something I can actually find it without searching. Now it's time for bed and I'm tired. Tomorrow is another sewing day and I think I"m going to do my BOM and make a Lazy Girl purse, the Veronica. Stay tuned for the next episode of Snippy Sews.

Cindy (Peony the House Elf)

COMMENTS
Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt
Ok, didn't any of you take a camera? Let's see some pictures!!! Glad you had a good day. Sorry your efforts didn't turn out the way you wanted, but you tried. Have a great day sewing on Sunday! Love, Michelle

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
I hope to see a picture of Veronica when she is done! What fabric are you using? I hope your sewing day goes well and think of me here cleaning. :-( I could use my own Peony the House Elf but until then I guess I am my own house elf again :-( I don't like cleaning. Have fun today and know that I am wishing I could be sewing with you. Maureen http://www.myquiltblog.com/MaureenQuilts/

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
HOw come you didn't mention the raggedy edged coasters? LOL

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous
Raggedy Edge Coasters ?? Those I would love to see ,please post a picture ,come to think of it why not raggedy edge placemats ?????

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Ok I'm not taking the blame this time ,I did sign in for the last post Honest LOL

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by cowgirl4ever
I am really looking forward to not having to play military anymore.. I love my job but the last couple weeks have been pretty frustrating.. I read about all the fun that you have sewing and want to be doing it myself.. frown... Soon though.. soon I'll have a normal job Heather

No comments: