I'm still on Mom watch and I'm getting pretty tired. So far I've been with her every day this week at some point. I don't really mind but I'm getting tired and I'm not able to do anything at home that I want to do. Tonight was picking up pills, grocery shopping and then filling her pill box for the week. Finally I left around eight and said I was tired and was going home. She's doing really good with her Project Linus quilt tops so that's good. I'm glad that it's giving her something to do but it seems as though she's obsessed with finishing them. No matter what I tell her she sews from morning till night. Now she could do that thirty years ago but she was also thirty years younger and had good eyes. I noticed tonight that she had alot of shortness of breath and that was bothering me some. Well I busted her. I found that she isn't using her inhaler like she is subposed to. After a lecture on why she needs to use it I hope that I got through to her. I really hope that when I get her age I'm not as stubborn as she is or Jen will have me put away.
Saturday is the day that Jen and I have organized at my Mom's apartment complex as a crafting day. It started because we thought using the community room for the family to sew in would be great. Well the woman who is the manager of the building wanted to charge us a $250 deposit to use the room. That's insane. So, we came up with the idea to offer a sewing or craft day for anyone who lives there. We're not sure who will come but it's worth a try. Part of the reason too is so we can get my Mom to meet more of the people in her building. We're hoping she can make some friends. One lady stopped by Mom's today to drop off a box of odds and ends for crafts that she had and hoped that someone would be able to use. I thought that was very nice of her. Keep your fingers crossed that this works out on Saturday.
Now Murphy is a totally different story. He's been feeling neglected since I've been gone so much at night lately. Everytime I tried to sew tonight he needed something. He hates to see me at my sewing machine. I've been working on a Halloween wall hanging and as soon as I sew a few embelishments on it I can take a picture and post it. This was my first attempt at machine button hole stitching.
-Cindy (Peony the House Elf)
COMMENTS
Thursday, September 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina
I can't wait to see the Halloween wall hanging........that is my favorite holiday.
Friday, September 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I hope all works out well for your mom this weekend. It sounds like so much fun. Poor little Murphy!!! You need to have a Murphy day, well maybe not if you did that he would expect it all of the time. Kristie
Friday, September 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
What are we going to do about her? She needs constant entertainment latley. =( I love her dearly but like the other night, she could have called me and I could have fixed that machine on my way home from work!
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment